This form is for the Campus Green and Mini park only.
1. Sidewalk chalk on any UAB surface is prohibited except with prior approval and completion of the attached form. Interested groups may obtain the appropriate form and submit a completed form to the Office of Student Life, 1715 Building, 1715 9th Avenue South, 934-4175. This office must receive the completed form at least seven (7) days in advance of the actual event.
2. Requests for permission to chalk sidewalks/surfaces will be accepted from any funded programming entity of the University and/or recognized student organizations. All chalking must pertain to a particular event as stated on the request form and not reference other activities.
3. If near a UAB building, permission will also be granted by the administrator responsible for that facility. For chalking near the Hill University Center, contact the Assistant Vice President for Facilities and Finance at 934-6290. For most academic buildings, contact the Provost Facilities Coordinator at 934-8751.
4. Events will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
5. No vulgar/profane language or illustrations may be chalked on any surface.
6. Chalking is only permitted on sidewalks and outdoor walkways. Chalking is prohibited on any building surface.
7. Approval for chalking will be granted for specific areas as stated on request form. Chalking in non-designated areas could result in loss of future privileges for the group or individual in violation. Groups should not chalk within 25 feet of building entrance doors so as to avoid tracking chalk into facilities.
8. Any violation of this policy may result in damage/cleanup expenses being incurred by the organization/individual and/or sponsoring program, as well as other sanctions. A minimum fine of $50 will result for violation of above regulations
Winter Leadership Retreat Application 2016: Toy Box Leadership
MUST be able to meet on campus at 1:45PM on Friday, January 29th for departure. We will return at approximately 10:30AM on Sunday, January 31st.
Springville Camp and Conference Center
Please complete this application by Friday, January 22 at 5:00 p.m. if you are interested in participating in the Winter Leadership Retreat.
Submitting an application does not necessarily guarantee that anyone will be selected for this event. An E-mail with all relevant information will be sent to those selected after all applications have been received and reviewed.
Attention UAB Students!! Do you like TED talks? Have you ever thought about how cool it would be to give one? Well it’s your lucky day. UAB LEAD in collaboration with Office of Career and Professional Development is planning the first ever TEDxUAB. will close December 6th 2015.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, it brings together the community of UAB’s foremost thought leaders, change makers and everyday people from each discipline and challenges them to deliver powerful, unforgettable and unique TEDxTalks. The theme for this conference is TEDxUAB:Transform. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to Sean Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please complete this application by Friday, January 15th, 2016 at 11:45 p.m. if you are interested in participating in our Blazers on Break trip. If selected, mandatory interviews will be held during the week of January 18th - 22nd , 2016
Trip Details : (2 options)
March 19th -24th , 2016
Memphis, TN & New Orleans, LA
Cost: no cost, but each student should bring spending money with them (see below for more details)
**Selected students will receive meal money that will cover 3 meals a day for each day of the trip. We also plan to do a few other fun things that week (i.e., go to the movies, shop at the mall, etc), and it will be the responsibility of each student to pay for those activities, should they wish to participate.
Thank you for your interest in the Andrew M. Sands Memorial Emergency Student Loan Program (ESLP), sponsored by the Undergraduate Student Government Association (USGA). This program is designed to help students receive financial assistance for common expenses such as tuition and fees; textbooks; housing (on-campus and off-campus); utilities (water, electricity, gas, cable, and internet); title payments (automotive payments, insurance policies); medical expenses; emergency travel expenses, etc.
The program is for eligible UAB undergraduate students. The maximum amount of an Emergency Student Loan is $500 dependent upon the circumstances of the student’s case. After receiving a loan, the student will then have 60 days to repay the loan to Student Financial Services. If the student does not repay the loan within said time period, a hold will be placed on the student’s UAB account, thus not allowing the student to register for classes or graduate. An extension of 30 days may be given at the discretion of the ESLP coordinator.
Enrolled in at least 12 hours as an undergraduate student at UAB
Must complete a mandatory meeting with the Emergency Student Loan Program Coordinator
Must turn in the following documents along with the application:
Proof of Need (bank statement or other proof of income)
Bill or Letter of Delinquency proving need for ESLP assistance
Note: Loans will not be dispersed to students who do not meet all requirements listed above.
You will be notified of your loan acceptance or denial no later than one week after submitting your application.
Applications may be submitted to the USGA Advisor, Campus Rec Center, Room 190.
For more information, contact USGA at email@example.com or call (205) 934-8020.
Thank you for your interest in the USGA Travel Grant Program. The purpose of this program is to assist all eligible undergraduate students with expenses incurred while traveling with student groups and organizations affiliated with UAB. Travel Grant funding is on a reimbursement basis. You receive your reimbursement after you return form your travel. Below are the guidelines to receiving travel funds and the application process.
Travel Grant Applications must be submitted three weeks before travel
The student must be a undergraduate student at the University of Alabama at Birmingham at the time of application and the time of travel
Transportation, lodging, and registration fees are the only expenses which may be considered for payment or reimbursement
The Travel Grant Program will reimburse students for up to 50% of out of pocket expenses to a maximum of $300 (or $500 for travel out of country)
Application Packet—All remaining application materials are to be submitted to the Office of Student Involvement, Campus Rec Center 190.
Letter of endorsement from advisor (and from dean for out of country travel)