Request and Payment must be made 10 business days in advance. Current rate is $160 (2 officers x $20 for a minimum of 4 hours).
Payment exceptions:events charging against UAB Account number.
Individual payment for each officer must accompany request.
Cancelations must be made 3 business days in advance, if cancelations are not received (3) days prior to the event, the full cost of security must be paid.
1. Sidewalk chalk on any UAB surface is prohibited except with prior approval and completion of the attached form. Interested groups may obtain the appropriate form and submit a completed form to the Office of Student Life, 1715 Building, 1715 9th Avenue South, 934-4175. This office must receive the completed form at least seven (7) days in advance of the actual event.
2. Requests for permission to chalk sidewalks/surfaces will be accepted from any funded programming entity of the University and/or recognized student organizations. All chalking must pertain to a particular event as stated on the request form and not reference other activities.
3. If near a UAB building, permission will also be granted by the administrator responsible for that facility. For chalking near the Hill University Center, contact the Assistant Vice President for Facilities and Finance at 934-6290. For most academic buildings, contact the Provost Facilities Coordinator at 934-8751.
4. Events will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
5. No vulgar/profane language or illustrations may be chalked on any surface.
6. Chalking is only permitted on sidewalks and outdoor walkways. Chalking is prohibited on any building surface.
7. Approval for chalking will be granted for specific areas as stated on request form. Chalking in non-designated areas could result in loss of future privileges for the group or individual in violation. Groups should not chalk within 25 feet of building entrance doors so as to avoid tracking chalk into facilities.
8. Any violation of this policy may result in damage/cleanup expenses being incurred by the organization/individual and/or sponsoring program, as well as other sanctions. A minimum fine of $50 will result for violation of above regulations
Thank you for your interest in LEAD on Demand!
Please let us know you will be attending the first Self LEAD on Demand workshop by filling out the form below. Please fill this out no later than Sunday, August 31 to let us know you will be in attendance.
The first Self workshop will focus on Goal Setting and will be held Tuesday, September 2 from 11 a.m. to noon in Blazer RLC. It is open to all UAB students.
To request disability related accommodations for this event, please contact the Office of Student Involvement.
If you have any questions, please email Rachel Burchfield at email@example.com.
See you there!
All applications are due by Wednesday, September 3 at 5 p.m. on Bsync. Of those that apply, 25 students will be selected by a selection committee to enter into the program. These 25 students will enter into the Emerge stage of the program starting this fall.
Leadership Foundations is a four semester, cohort-style interactive program that is designed to sharpen student leadership skills and allow them to get the most out of student life at UAB. The program promotes the development of effective communication skills, conflict resolution strategies, social change awareness, problem-solving skills, and the ability to make informed, ethical decisions. This interactive program prepares students for responsible citizenship in the community, nation, and world.
Each class meets a total of five times per semester and attendance is required for participation in the program. Furthermore, all Leadership Foundations participants are required to complete at least 10 hours of community service each academic year to continue with the program
Upon completion, students will receive a certificate of completion for the time invested in the Leadership Foundations program at the closing presentation and reception, which is held each Spring.
Request special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 by calling 205.975.4389
Student Involvement Forms
Deposit: $50.00 First 2 tables/ $10.00 each additional
Thank you for your interest in the Andrew M. Sands Memorial Emergency Student Loan Program (ESLP), sponsored by the Undergraduate Student Government Association (USGA). This program is designed to help students receive financial assistance for common expenses such as tuition and fees; textbooks; housing (on-campus and off-campus); utilities (water, electricity, gas, cable, and internet); title payments (automotive payments, insurance policies); medical expenses; emergency travel expenses, etc.
The program is for eligible UAB undergraduate students. The maximum amount of an Emergency Student Loan is $500 dependent upon the circumstances of the student’s case. After receiving a loan, the student will then have 60 days to repay the loan to Student Financial Services. If the student does not repay the loan within said time period, a hold will be placed on the student’s UAB account, thus not allowing the student to register for classes or graduate. An extension of 30 days may be given at the discretion of the ESLP coordinator.
Note: Loans will not be dispersed to students who do not meet all requirements listed above.
You will be notified of your loan acceptance or denial no later than one week after submitting your application.
Applications may be submitted to the USGA Advisor, Campus Rec Center, Room 190.
For more information, contact USGA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (205) 934-8020.
Thank you for your interest in the USGA Travel Grant Program. The purpose of this program is to assist all eligible undergraduate students with expenses incurred while traveling with student groups and organizations affiliated with UAB. Travel Grant funding is on a reimbursement basis. You receive your reimbursement after you return form your travel. Below are the guidelines to receiving travel funds and the application process.
Freshman Forum is one of the only organizations on campus that is comprised solely of freshmen. It gives students an opportunity to learn about and become an integral part of UAB's Undergraduate Student Government Association.
Students will learn about the structure of USGA at UAB, and gain experience with the legislative process. They will also gain professional skills necessary to succeed in other organizations on and off campus.
Applications are due: 11:59 PM September 5, 2014
Interviews will be held the following week to finalize the selection process.
PLEASE NOTE: Student Life Day is for University Departments and Recognized Student Organizations Only.
The Department of Student Life will host its annual Student Life Day Organization/Department Expo on the Campus Green on Wednesday, August 27 from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Student Life Day is an organization/department fair designed to inform students about life beyond the classroom at UAB. We invite you to showcase your organization/department by reserving a table and staffing it to answer questions from students about your organization/department.
This event is meant to be festive as well as educational. Please feel free to decorate your table and surrounding area. You are also encouraged to offer giveaways, candy, etc. at your table. Student Life will be serving food.
If you would like to participate, please complete this form by Friday, August 22, 2014, at Noon. Tables are provided and will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
Table set- up begins at 10:00 a.m. Set-up must be completed prior to 11:00 a.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Student Life at (205) 934-8020 or email email@example.com.