Deposit: $50.00 First 2 tables/ $10.00 each additional
Request and Payment must be made 10 business days in advance. Payment exceptions:events charging against UAB Account number. Individual payment for each officer must accompany request. Cancelations must be made 3 business days in advance, if cancelations are not received (3) days prior to the event, the full cost of security must be paid.
1. Sidewalk chalk on any UAB surface is prohibited except with prior approval and completion of the attached form. Interested groups may obtain the appropriate form and submit a completed form to the Office of Student Life, 1715 Building, 1715 9th Avenue South, 934-4175. This office must receive the completed form at least seven (7) days in advance of the actual event.
2. Requests for permission to chalk sidewalks/surfaces will be accepted from any funded programming entity of the University and/or recognized student organizations. All chalking must pertain to a particular event as stated on the request form and not reference other activities.
3. If near a UAB building, permission will also be granted by the administrator responsible for that facility. For chalking near the Hill University Center, contact the Assistant Vice President for Facilities and Finance at 934-6290. For most academic buildings, contact the Provost Facilities Coordinator at 934-8751.
4. Events will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
5. No vulgar/profane language or illustrations may be chalked on any surface.
6. Chalking is only permitted on sidewalks and outdoor walkways. Chalking is prohibited on any building surface.
7. Approval for chalking will be granted for specific areas as stated on request form. Chalking in non-designated areas could result in loss of future privileges for the group or individual in violation. Groups should not chalk within 25 feet of building entrance doors so as to avoid tracking chalk into facilities.
8. Any violation of this policy may result in damage/cleanup expenses being incurred by the organization/individual and/or sponsoring program, as well as other sanctions. A minimum fine of $50 will result for violation of above regulations
Please complete this application by Friday, January 17, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. if you are interested in participating in our Blazers on Break trip. If selected, mandatory interviews will be held on Monday, January 27 and Tuesday, January 28 in the Campus Recreation Center, Room 190. You will receive an email on Tuesday, January 21, if selected for an interview. You will be required to sign-up for an interview by Thursday, January 23.
March 23-29, 2014
Sumter, South Carolina
Cost: no cost, but each student should bring $150.00 with them on the trip (see below for more details)
**Breakfast and lunch are covered in the cost of the trip. Students will be responsible for some dinners throughout the week and for the food while traveling to and from Sumter. Please bring cash for dinner out, and please bring cash for other items you may buy, as we may go to the mall while there. We plan to do a few other fun things that week (i.e., go to the movie, bowling or the zoo), and it will be the responsibility of each student to pay.
Leadership and Service Council Application 2014-2015
The Leadership & Service Council (LSC) is an organization led by 12 UAB students interested in impacting their community through civic engagement and social awareness.
To be selected to be on the Leadership & Service Council you must meet the following requirements:
Applications will be submitted on BSync (uab.orgsync.com/forms) no later than Friday, January 31, 2014.
Only complete applications with sealed recommendation letters will be accepted and reviewed.
Please submit reference letters to Hannah Davis, CRCT 190, 1720 2nd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35294-1151 by Friday, January 31, 2014.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Office of Student Involvement at 205.934.8020.
Requirements of LSC Board of Directors
*More than the minimum number of office hours may need to be held to successfully execute all programs and events.
*Failure to execute job responsibilities will result in the removal from leadership position.
All LSC Board or Directors are responsible for:
Signature Service Committee Co-Directors (3): These three individuals oversee the Signature Service Days throughout the year and are responsible for communicating and reporting to the Executive Director. Co-directors must hold a bi-weekly meeting for their individual committee.
Into the Streets (fall and spring semesters), September Service Madness, and MLK Day of Service are the signature service days. These events allow students to do community service for half a day. The co-directors of this committee are responsible for coordinating outreach days in their entirety which includes site selections, transportation, site leader selection and training, and food.
Monthly Service Committee Co-Directors (2): These two individuals oversee the Monthly Service each month and are responsible for coordinating monthly service days in their entirety. This person reports directly to the Executive Director. Co-directors must hold a bi-weekly meeting for their individual committee.
The co-directors are responsible for coordinating monthly service projects for UAB students to attend. The projects vary from month to month and are usually in conjunction with various events coordinated by Birmingham organizations.
On-going Service Committee Co-Directors (3): These three individuals oversee the On-going Service that occurs during various weeks throughout each semester (including summer) and report directly to the Executive Director. Co-directors must hold a bi-weekly meeting for their individual committee.
The co-directors are responsible for coordinating all the continuous volunteer activities held throughout the year for UAB students. The Co-directors of this committee will select organizations or groups in the community to work with each week (throughout the year).
Social Change Committee Co-Directors (2): These two individuals oversee the Social Change programs and report directly to the Executive Director. Co-directors must hold a bi-weekly meeting for their individual committee.
The co-directors are responsible for providing opportunities for awareness and action for the UAB campus to learn more about current issues and to act on creating change in the community. The Co-directors are responsible for organizing Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week (Hunger Banquet/Empty Bowls, Stop Hunger Now, and screening and discussion of film). Additional programs, such as food drives and other events, will be the responsibility of this committee.
Student Involvment Forms
All applications are due by Wednesday, September 4 at 5 p.m. on Bsync. Of those that apply, 25 students will be selected by a selection committee to enter into the program. These 25 students will enter into the Emerge stage of the program starting this fall.
Leadership Foundations is a four semester, cohort-style interactive program that is designed to sharpen student leadership skills and allow them to get the most out of student life at UAB. The program promotes the development of effective communication skills, conflict resolution strategies, social change awareness, problem-solving skills, and the ability to make informed, ethical decisions. This interactive program prepares students for responsible citizenship in the community, nation, and world.
Each class meets a total of five times per semester and attendance is required for participation in the program. Furthermore, all Leadership Foundations participants are required to complete at least 10 hours of community service each academic year to continue with the program
Upon completion, students will receive a certificate of completion for the time invested in the Leadership Foundations program at the closing presentation and reception, which is held each Spring.
Application Form: https://orgsync.com/33178/forms/79103
Request special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 by calling 205.975.4389