The UAB TrailBlazers is UAB's Student Recruitment Team. TrailBlazers are a diverse group of students who enjoy sharing their love and knowledge of UAB with prospective students and their parents. TrailBlazers give campus tours, assist with student recruitment events such as UAB Days and UAB Nights, help host student recruitment receptions, attend college fairs and other recruitment events, and educate prospective students about all the opportunities available to them at UAB.
Congratulations to the 2014-2015 TrailBlazers!
Juan Castro Price
Bryan Roblero Corson
TrailBlazer Application Process
TrailBlazers are chosen through a competitive application and interview process. Applications are typically available beginning in November and are usually due in January. The interview process typically takes place during February. Not every applicant is chosen for an interview.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Have a 2.50 overall cumulative GPA (without rounding) at the time of application and throughout their duration as a TrailBlazer
- Be enrolled for the spring semester in which applications are due and the following fall and spring semesters (enrollment in summer semester is not required)
- Be available to give campus tours during the summer semester (exceptions for class or study away trips can be discussed)
- Be available for a one year commitment
Mandatory Job Requirements (include but are not limited to the following):
- Attend and observe Spring UAB Day and event meeting following TrailBlazer selection
- Attend TrailBlazer Retreat and Induction Ceremony during spring semester following selection
- Shadow at least 5 campus tours during the spring semester following selection
- Commit to a minimum of 1 campus tour each week beginning the summer semester after selection (daily campus tours are given at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM each weekday and last approximately 2 hours)
- Assist with special group tours as needed beginning in the summer semester after selection (give a minimum of 3-4 group tours per semester)
- Attend weekly training sessions in the spring semester following selection
- Attend monthly meetings following selection
- Assist in all UAB recruitment events sponsored by Enrollment Management and the Office of New Student Programs
- Assist with Campus Tour Center needs including, but not limited to VIP student visits, phone calls to prospective students, making information packets, assisting at the front desk and with event preparations, and more