Starting a New Student Organization
Requirements to Register a Student Organization:
- The name of the organization cannot begin with “UAB” it must be phrased as “Wrestling Club at UAB”.
- You must have a full time UAB faculty or staff member serve as the official advisor of the organization.
- You must upload a document with five students who are members of the organization, their class standing, and their BlazerID.
- You must upload a copy of your organization's constitution
- The constitution must include the UAB non-discrimination clause.
- If your organization collects due you must specify what do with the funds if the organization is disbanded.
- The advisor of the organization must have the appropriate powers.
To Create a NEW Student Organization:
You MUST complete the following steps to start a NEW student organization on campus.
- Log-into BSync
- At the top click Organizations and then click Add Organization.
- Click Register New Organization on the top of the page.
- A box will pop up asking "Where do you want to create this organization?". Choose UAB Student Life.
- Fill out the appropriate information (New Organizations MUST upload a membership list AND a constitution and by-laws)
- Click “Finish”
Accessing your BSync Account:
- Go www.uab.edu/bsync.
- Click the “Register / Login” button on the right of the top selection bar.
- Update your personal profile (this step only needs to be done once) - make sure you update your email address and name.
- Continue by clicking next.
- Save your profile.
Privileges of Being a Recognized Student Organization:
- Use of Hill University Facilities and other spaces on campus including academic classrooms.
- Sponsorship of events on campus
- On-campus advertising including banner space, HUC Marquee, and web advertising
- The privilege to hold on-campus solicitation and fundraising activities
- Organizations have an on-campus mail box in HUC
- Organizations can apply for storage space or desk space (limited spaced available)
- Use of equipment such as staging, spotlights, canopy tents, popcorn maker, cotton candy maker, button maker, sno-cone machine, and HUC workroom with markers and banner paper.
- Eligible to participate in Organizational Activity Fairs.
- Being listed in various UAB publications.
- The privilege to establish dues.
- USGA-recognized groups may request funds from Student Government.
- The use of BSync—UAB’s organizational management platform hosted by OrgSync.
- Student Leadership workshops to help your organization grow and develop.